Saturday, June 14, 2008

Terima kasih Emak dan Abah...


Every year nowdays, people celebrate Mothers and Fathers' Days in May and June. This celebration has never entered my vocab when I was small until the last few years... unfortunately..by then, both my parents had already returned to Allah...
It has been more than 20 years my father has passed away followed by my mother few years later. I really missed both of them as they passed away when I was just started my career as an Electrical Engineer. Alhamdulillah, I managed to design and called a contractor to supply and install electrical installation in my father's house (our house then) in 1983 when electricity was just introduced to my kampong by LLN. From that time on, I really missed the moment when I took over the job of starting the light every day in my house using gasoline lamp at sunset. The 'wonder lamp' has already disappeared from all our houses by now and I am still wondering how the fibric bulb can turn into a small fragile 'bulb' which could light the whole house. My dad had never explained that to me..
Nevertheless, there was countless moments spend together with my father which I had treassured until now. My father, who was a taxi driver, had worked very hard to feed his 16 children (from 2 wives).
May Allah Bless both of them and assemble them togteher with the syuhada', tabbi'in and solihin on the sacrifices thay had made to bring up the children. Although we never celebrated an official father's day when my father was still around, I think the celebration is always there everytime he came back home after a long and tiring journey, driving a taxi in serach of money to feed all of us.
We really miss you emak dan abah ....
Semoga segala pengorbanan yang telah dicurahkan membesarkan kami akan mendapat ganjaran berganda daripada Allah SWT ...
Sesungguhnya, anakmu ini akan sentiasa mendoakan untuk keduamu dan akan mengikut jejak mu pada bila-bila-bila masa sahaja...
Semoga Allah merestui doa dari anakmu yang penuh dengan dosa ini...

"Ya Allah...ampunilah aku dan kedua-dua ibu bapaku dan berikanlah Rahmat-Mu kepada kedua-duanya dan kasihanilah mereka sebagaimana mereka mengasihiku semasa aku kecil dahulu ..... Ameen, Ya Rabbal 'a lameen ... "