Wednesday, June 25, 2008

KLIA 10th. Anniversary

It has been quite sometime that I did not post anything in this blog...Just a bit bz ...
Last Sunday, I rushed to KLIA at around 10.30 p.m. to send my nephew, former SAFF Head of Admin & Finance Officer, Wan Fairuz Wan Chik. He was taking a flight to Amsterdam, Holland to present his proposal for a PhD in Human Resource & Management. Let us pray that his 1-week visit and presentation w\in Holland will bear some fruit for his future career development.
While at KLIA I accidently noticed few banners and posters bearing wordings KLIA ANNIVERSARY .... then I realised that it has been 10 years since KLIA was opened by the former Prime Minister. It seems that time has flown by too fast.. it is a sign of the Day of Reckoning is approaching us too.. may be faster than an aeroplane flying and touching down at KLIA..
Where was I 10 years ago i.e. sometime in 1998? Yes..yes... I remember now...
It was in 1998 when I was still struggling setting up SAFF Consultants and SAFF Testing and Supervising Services ... just 3 years after I resigned from my Chief Engineer post in UTM...
It was a big decision in my life... The reasons why I left... there are several ... :-))
One of the reasons : I was offered a place as a lecturer in Elect. Eng. faculty in UTM itself...
After receiving the offer, I consulted my (Acting) Pengarah Kerja at that time, Ir. Anton Alfred Sebastian, a senior JKR Civil Engineer seconded to UTM. He requested me to ask from the Registrar for a postponement for 2-3 months so that I could finish off some of my current jobs.
I was surprised to receive a reply from UTM Regitrar office stating that if I did not report for duty, the offer would be withdrawn and I have to re-apply again when I am ready ...
I was just wondering about the reply...was it made on purpose or was there any other reasons.. I could not accept the decision as I did not report for duty immediately not because of my own personal benefit BUT because the assignment I was still carrying on UTM projects... I was the UTM Chief Engineer then, responsible to matters pertaining to all project and maintenance issues in UTM..
Well, few months after that... I resigned at the age of 37 years old...
In 1998, I was 40 years old ... and now I am almost 50 years...
An old man who still strive to give whatever experience and knowledge to anyone who needs them...
Knowledge is from Allah and I am just a medium of transmission...
Those who need them are most welcome to see me or email to me...
Those who feel that I am very 'stingy' in departing my knowledge and experience, I am sorry for making you to feel that way...
I could not claim that the experience and knowledge is mine ..
I am just a medium of transmitter..
I could only give what I have (of course we could not give something that we don't own or have) ...
Salam..