Some of the new M&E features that are being introduced to the new three-storey Podium Block are :
1. New Chiller c/w VRV control;
2. A new Bubble Lift is added;
3. 2 nos. Goods Lifts;
4. Escalators and Travelators;
5. Pre-paid Electrical Metering System;
6. IT Facilities (Wi-Fi);
7. New Fire Fighting System;
8. New Retail and F&B Lots
9. New electrical distribution systems (sub-station has been re-located to the roof-top to give way to expensive retail lots);
10. Upgraded Sewerage Treatment Plant;
11. Total building face-lift (internal & external).
The building demolition has been carried out since the last 6 months to make way for the new wing with additional floors. This area which previously housed the Bowling Alley and Cinemas have been replaced with new floors as the original floor levels are very high. The new area will house a brand-new modern Food Court and a Supermarket.
Last week, a new directive was given whereby a new 3-storey car parks will be constructed on the 3-storey podium block which will make the new podium to be a six-storey high. The floor height will also be changed to 5000mm at the Ground Floor and 4500mm to the rest of the floors. With this new requirement, a totally new M & E design on the podium block will have to be carried out as soon as possible as all the M&E Contractors are already on-board.